Coastal cleaning in the Azores
Promoted by Oceano Azul Foundation
Hundreds of Portuguese organizations come together, once again, to mark the International Day of Coastal Cleaning, from north to south of the country, in the Azores and Madeira.
In response to the annual challenge of the Oceano Azul Foundation to celebrate this date, more than 100 land and underwater cleaning actions are already planned, during which, in the week of September 17th to 25th, thousands of volunteers will have the opportunity to contribute to the ocean conservation.
The highlight for some of the coastal cleaning actions that will take place in the Azores:
* 17.09 to 10.00: Baía das Mós (Angra do Heroísmo), organized by Marine Waste, Gê-Questa and Parish Council of Vila de São Sebastião
* 17.09 to 12:00: Mosteiros (Ponta Delgada), organized by Futurism
* 17.09 to 17.00: Praia dos Lobos, Anjos (Vila do Porto), organized by NEON JOYRIDE
* 21.09 to 14:30: Pier and marina in Vila do Porto (Vila do Porto), organized by Escola Básica e Secundária de Santa Maria and Portos dos Azores
* 25.09 to 09.00: Mar da Barca (Vila do Porto), organized by NEON JOYRIDE.
Thousands of volunteers will be mobilized and more than 4000 students from the Educar para a Geração Azul program will be enrolled in the coastal cleaning operations.